1) Planning is crucial do contact the company or its facilitator whether they require any information prior to the interview.
2) Don’t be late to the interview because you may never know to whom you will be speaking with. He can be the chief of your company also.
3) Ask for basics on how to use the equipment even if you know how to handle it.
4) Dress professionally as you would dress for an in-person interview. Don’t be on a wrong assumption that the interviewer will be having a half-length view of your body.
5) Only have important papers, pen and a glass of water on your work station which will have a professional look.
6) A microphone picks up even minute sounds so don’t make any sounds, tapping, etc.
7) Eating, chewing, smoking, etc during the interview process are negative habits and they should be avoided at any cost. They distract you and the interviewer.
8) Eye to eye contact is very necessary during the entire duration of the interview.
9) If there is a feature such as picture in picture then it is better to turn it on also it shows your looks.
10) All the questions which will be asked during the in-person interview will be asked in the video. Try to have answers to all of them before hand. Difference lies in the fact that you will be speaking with the client directly. Ask questions if you have any. Prior information on how long the interview session might last could help you in planning for the interview. All this process should be viewed as a step towards getting hired.